Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Its drizzling outside..very pleasant weather. A small bird sits on my window ledge( its the humble sparrow-Gorraiya in hindi I think )Believe me that`s a rare sight in Amchi Mumbai.She has a small piece of something edible-looks like a piece of bread.In my hometown I remember keeping Bajra and Jowar for the pigeons and crows but in these modren times guess even the birds have graduated to bread! She keeps chirping every now and then-didn`t her mother teach her not to talk when she has food in the mouth?? Mine still hollers if I do.I wonder why isn`t she eating the piece ? Holding it in her mouth just like my son would do as a baby when I fed him Cerelac. Is she hoping to share it with a friend/child or her mate?? Or is she like my 16 year old neighbour- counting calories. What a wonderful way to pass a lazy monsoon afternoon...

7 comments:

Nisha said...

u r reallllyy freee these days??? :)

Renu said...

I also love watching nature, specially on a rainy day...sitting on window with a book and a cup of tea......listent to the pitter-patter of drops......or on a lazy evening looking at the birds coming home:)

D said...

Rare moments to spare on watching birds, eh?

my space said...

yeah m lucky to have time on my side ain`t I? by the way the bird is back on my ledge...I actually face a window when I write..with monsoons around that means beautiful green trees and my chirping friends!!!Bliss...

DeeplyDip said...

I miss the "chidiya" too...it's a rarity to see it in bigger cities nowadays...

Reflections said...

u really described that situation very well....I could just imagine a fat sparrow sitting outside ur windowsill with a piece of bread in its mouth....Nice post:-)

Tagged u.......

my space said...

@ideas91- yeah the chidiya is indeed a rare sight!By the way the tree opposite my window has a family of parrots too..will write abt them too..
@Reflections..thanx..she is not really fat-counts her calories you see :-)